07/06/2015

3 Free Fitness Apps I Love


However much I hate to admit it, I'm one of those people who is pretty much addicted to my phone, whether it's a quick flick through Instagram or a glance at Twitter - I'm lost without it! So, if I'm spending quite a lot of time on my phone anyway, it makes sense to have something productive on there and I've found free fitness apps have made me more motivated over recent weeks. These free apps I'm writing about today not only record my progress, but they also offer free workouts that you can do at home or on the go, nutrition tips and recipe ideas!

1. Nike+ Running
The Nike+ Running App tracks your distance, time, pace and calories burnt. Not only is it a great app to track your progress, but there's also plenty of free training plans, the app even sends you a reminder on run days - so there really is no excuse! The app has built in audio feedback which is great when you are out and about, I find it stops me from constantly clock watching. Both of the Nike apps I'm writing about today record something called Nike fuel, which is a universal way to measure movement  for all kinds of activities, all of your information is recorded in the app and syncs to your Nike account which you can view online.

2. Nike Training
I'm a Nike training app newbie and I have to say I'm impressed with the variety of workouts available - I just can't believe this app is all free! Whether you want a 15 minute HIIT session or fancy 30 minutes of Yoga this app has it all. You can choose from beginner, intermediate or advanced workouts so you can tailor your workout to suit your fitness levels. I'm currently on beginner as I find the workouts very hard - you get a real sweat onor maybe I'm just really unfit. This app offers clear demonstrations for all the workouts so you make sure you are doing the moves correctly. I have actually found my form has improved so much with this app. This is so handy to have for travel or for days where you fancy an at home workout.

3. MyFitnessPal
You can track calories, diet, exercise and even your water intake with this app. I'm not one for calorie counting, but this handy app has a bar code scanner which I swear is so addictive. I've turned into a complete looney scanning all my food. Although in the past, I haven't been the biggest fan of recording calories or food intake, I have found the past few week's eye opening, my diet isn't quite as clean as I thought it was…in fact it's actually quite shocking! On average, most days I'm 50g over my daily sugar intake - yup 50g! This app is full of fitness tips and a blog that's full of healthy recipes.

What are your favourite fitness apps? How do you track your progress?

P.S I did originally include two more apps but since writing this post they sadly aren't free anymore!
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig