15/07/2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow BB



In the past I've never really gotten on with Estee Lauder products in particular the double wear line. I've never found my perfect shade, quite often the EL bases apply a lot darker on my skin having a tendency to look orange. I also found they clung to my dry patches and just looked very obvious on my skin. So with all this negativity in mind I'm not sure how I found myself back at the Estee Lauder counter, I'm glad I did though as the Double wear BB cream has really impressed me it shows how sometimes a bad experience with a brand can be quickly rectified by a new release.

Ignore BB in the title they've just chucked that in there for marketing purposes, with this foundation you're getting medium- full coverage (not something I'd associate with a BB cream.) Although this is pretty heavy duty you can see from my pictures that some pigmentation on the right cheek is peeking through ever so slightly, you can layer with this although I prefer to go in light handed so the finish is still natural.  However if you do build up the coverage you'll find that this pretty much covers spots/dark marks. For application I found fingers worked best, when I tried using my foundation brushes this had a tendency to look a little streaky and this seemed to sit on the skin. Using the warmth of my fingers this blended easily and looked a lot more natural.

It's not very often I say this but primer is essential with this foundation. I opted for The Body Shop Instablur (not a fan but still using) always go for a matte primer when reaching for a full on glowy base it balances thing's out. Without primer this did slightly cling to dry patches, odd really with this having a dewy finish. Once applied this looks mega dewy but after a few minutes it seemed to settle. If you skin is very oily you may wish to powder, in my picture above I haven't applied a finishing powder. The wear time is pretty similar to other foundations I've tried 3-4 hours before a blot or powder is required. This is pretty much the wear time on most foundations I have (Sheer glow being an exception) so I don't find that this is a problem for me.

So if you've not guessed I am very much a fan of this. For me it does a fantastic job of giving my dull skin some added glow without looking sweaty or greasy. I'm a fan of the formula, finish and ease of application I can see this being my go to base for the summer months ahead. The EL BB is available in 8 shades and is priced at £29 (ouch!)

Are you a fan of the EL Double wear line?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig