13/01/2015

Clinique Chubby Stick - Super Strawberry



I tell you what finding my 'perfect nude' lipstick has proven to be one hell of a challenge. Most nude lipsticks almost have a slight peach or beige undertone which looks beautiful on some skin tones but absolutely ridiculous paired against my dark complexion. Even with the help of beauty assistants on counters I'm always shown brown lipsticks, which I must say is such a common misconception with darker skin tones. As you can see from the above picture my lips are very much NOT brown, or beige for that matter. Anyway, rant aside I can finally say I have a nude lipstick that's almost an exact match to my natural lip colour, I discovered this in the most obvious of places... my Mum's makeup bag! Well, if it matches my Mum's lips it's sure to match mine right? My perfect nude is the Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry, I'm so happy to add this to my lipstick collection.

Worthwhile noting that my Mum actually received this as a gift with purchase hence it's slightly smaller size. The Clinique Chubby sticks are no stranger to these parts (see post here) in fact last year saw me purchasing my very first Clinique chubby stick and I was so blown away with the formula. Super Strawberry feels incredibly hydrating on the lips, the Clinique Chubby sticks are so comfortable to wear making them the perfect everyday lip product. When my lips are looking a little worse for wear the Clinique chubby sticks never emphasise or cling to dry patches on application. My lips always look plump and glossy after applying, for me the formula is perfect.

As you can see from the pictures above Super Strawberry is near enough a perfect match to my natural lip colour. I've never owned a lip product that matched my natural lip colour so closely, when I finish up with this I'll in no doubt hesitate in buying the full size…oh and I should probably replace Mum's too she unwillingly gifted this to me after seeing how much I loved using it.

If you have lips that are more on the pink side and struggle to find 'nude' lipsticks that match I can highly recommend this shade. The colour is so versatile and I can imagine this will suit so many skin tones.

Are you a fan of the Clinique Chubby stick? What are your favourite shades
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig