23/09/2014

Lipstick Queen Endless Summer - Aloha



 
It's not very often one lipstick gets a whole post dedicated to it, but here we are the shade Aloha by Lipstick Queen has pretty much been the only shade on my lips for the past month. I'm in love with the shade and packaging, I also seem to receive lots of compliments whilst wearing this so today's post felt truly warranted.

I've heard mentions of Lipstick Queen here and there but on the whole they appear to be pretty underrated in the blogosphere, given that most lipsticks retail at £18 I can see why. I purchased Aloha recently in the Feel Unique sale I bought this for £12 which I personally think is more true to price given the quality. A lot of high end lipsticks often leave me disappointed on the packaging front (when I purchase a lipstick beyond £10 I expect high quality) Lipstick Queen haven't disappointed. The gold bullet is so unique and as it's slightly weighted it feels super luxe. The lid has that satisfying click (only beauty bloggers and beauty enthusiasts will get me on that one!)

The formula for me is pretty fool proof the only downside is longevity as I find the shade dries down to a stain pretty quickly but I'm willing to overlook this given as application is just so easy. This is one of those whip out and apply kind of lipsticks, the kind that requires no mirror or tidying up - I'm all for a low maintenance lipstick. The formula is super glossy, moisturising and plumping on the lips this never feels tacky or sticky. The lipstick doesn't transfer or slide onto the teeth (a problem I generally have with moisturising lipsticks.) The shade is unlike anything I own, you can apply this sparingly for a sheer wash of colour on the lips, or build up for a more dramatic bold lip. For me this is the perfect lipstick when I have a day at work followed by evening drinks during the day it can be that my lips but better shade but for evening I can build it up for a full on red lip...

What are your favourite high end lipsticks? 

P.S Lipstick shades appear slightly different depending on skin tone so I'd recommend googling swatches, although I can imagine on fairer skin this would appear slightly more pink. 
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig