21/08/2014

Aloe Vera Gel - My New Must Have Product!


For years now I've read about the benefits of aloe vera and it's many uses both medicinal and cosmetic. Aloe vera is said to have rejuvenating, healing and soothing properties. In all honesty I was a little sceptical, as I always am with new products however over recent weeks aloe vera has become a daily essential for me and I can't imagine myself without it. It's such a versatile product to have to hand. 

If you read my travel post here, you may have noticed I didn't pack aftersun on my recent holiday to the South of France. Every year I pack a bottle and never end up using it, however on the year I genuinely needed some I didn't. After a quick visit to a french pharmacy a lady recommended aloe vera gel. At the time I had a bad heat rash across my chest area (wear SPF folks) before the rash worsened throughout my holiday I began to religiously apply aloe vera and I must say I was more than impressed with the results. With aloe vera gel a little goes a long way, applied onto my skin the initial reaction was cool, literally cooling. The aloe vera took the itch away almost instantly throughout the week I applied aloe vera daily as an aftersun and my chest area healed a lot quicker than with any aftersun I was actually impressed with how quickly this got to work. 

After having such a good first experience with aloe I decided to google other uses and was surprised at how versatile this can be. I began to use the gel after shaving which in return left my skin feeling silky smooth and less irritated. This has really helped with ingrown hairs too which seem to be non existent since introducing this. On my google I also discovered that aloe can be used in your skincare routine and is especially recommended for those with sensitive skin types. I often have bad eczema flare ups on my forehead so I began to mix a little aloe with my regular night cream, on application this left my skin feeling tight and shiny (like a doll!) In the morning I woke up to peely skin but after washing away everything just looked a whole lot brighter. Over 1-2 weeks my eczema flare had calmed down at a rapid rate, I even received a compliment from my mum who said how amazing my skin looked. Obviously this may not be the case for everyone with eczema but for me this works so well to the point of I haven't had a flare up in a good few weeks and when I do I know I'll be able to use aloe.

It's an odd one for me as I've tried so any products (high end, drugstore and even prescribed) targeted at sensitive skin types yet none of them have worked for me quite like aloe vera does. I can't imagine myself without a tube of this now, and given that you can pick aloe vera gel up for anything between £2-£10 it really is a bargain. It's so handy to have something as versatile as aloe in my collection.

Here are some other ways in which you can use aloe vera gel, I feel like I've only just touched the surface but here we go -

You can use aloe to treat minor kitchen burns
Aloe vera can make blue/black bruises less visible
It can be used to take the sting/itch out of insect bites
Aloe vera alleviates rashes
You can apply aloe onto blisters for quick relief
After waxing you can use aloe to cool the skin
Can be used for allergy related skin reactions
You can use aloe as a general moisturiser for dry skin
Aloe prevents pesky pimples and can also be used to treat acne and soothe Psoriasis
Aloe can prevent scarring and stretch marks.
Helps rid of Rosacea and eliminate eczema 
It can brighten skin. Aloe can decrease pigmentation and dark spots
It can be used to remove eye makeup.

Have you tried aloe vera? Has anyone cultivated their own aloe vera plant?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig