31/08/2014

It's Love - August


August is done and dusted so what better time to show you all the products I've loved throughout the month-

Late to the party (as always) but I recently picked up the original Chloe fragrance. I once spritzed this and wasn't sold on the scent I'm not sure why, perhaps as I've matured my fragrance preferences have changed? Either way I absolutely love this it's one of those fragrances that you still catch a whiff of by the end of the day. I won't even attempt to describe the smell of this as I'm absolutely pants at describing smells. But yes a lovely fresh scent that will see me well as an all year round perfume.

This foundation, I can't get enough. The Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation has basically been the only base I've reached for throughout August and I can't see this changing anytime soon. On my combination skin this works beautifully at controlling oil without looking too cakey or matte. The colour doesn't transfer, and the shade matches me perfectly. The formula is super long lasting, for me this basically ticks all the boxes….perfect skin in a bottle. If you'd like to read more see my full review here.

With the recent hot weather we've been experiencing here in the UK my skin started to look a little spotty/congested so I reintroduced the Clinique Clearing Gel to my routine. I don't know where I'd be without this, it works really well for me. It gets rid of spots quickly without over drying my skin, if I catch under the skin spots early enough it prevents them from coming to the surface . I reviewed this a while ago if you'd like to read more. 

Despite the recent hot weather my body's been so dry. I have this awful thing where my skin gets a tad bit peely post holiday (not sure what all that's about!) A few years ago I really enjoyed using body oils, not wanting to spend a fortune I picked up the Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Oil. As an overnight treatment (I tend to apply this 20-30 minutes before bed) this works wonders for my skin everything is just extra smooth. My skin no longer looks dry or peely it just looks in better condition since using this. Oddly enough stretch marks/lumps n bumps seem to look smoother and my skin looks more even this could be coincidence as I've recently upped my exercise but I do feel as though this oil has contributed.


If you read my 'Summer Bucket List' post you'll have seen I set myself a summer target to read ten books (I'm currently on three…oops!) Through August I read a couple of John Green books and I finally read the much talked about The Fault In Our Stars. I read this book in 2 days. Yes, 2 days. I was hooked I'll be honest not my usual style of book but something about John Green's writing style is very endearing and relatable. I really enjoy coming of age style novels and I loved how this one was a little bit different. This was really sad in parts but overall I really enjoyed the book a different take on a cancer patients story I found it really inspiring! (Hats off to you lovely bloggers out there who write book reviews it's bloody hard!)

What have you loved throughout August I'd love to know.
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig