11/12/2014

#BigBlogmasproject2014 #11 Winter Essentials



As soon as we hit Autumn/Winter I have my annual battle to keep both my skin and body hydrated. Cooler weather seems to zap what little moisture I have left resulting in dry flaky patches and dull skin. Over the years I've discovered some lovely products that do a wonderful job of keeping everything hydrated, some may call them my 'winter essentials' so for today's post I thought I'd share them with you. Worth noting not every product mentioned is included in the picture purely for framing …I didn't want it to look too cluttered.

Let's start with skincare

Scrubs 
Winter time is perhaps the only time of the year where I can get away with a manual exfoliator. Exfoliators seem to receive a lot of hate in the blogosphere, but the days of the St Ives Apricot Scrub are over guys there are so many gentle alternatives available. Although I am a fan of chemical exfoliators I don't always notice results, whereas with manual exfoliators I can see an instant result which is what my skin needs during winter.
My picks - Clinique 7 Day Scrub, Lush Buche De Noel, Pai Kukui and Jojoba Bead Scrub

A Hydrating Night Cream
With my skin feeling super dry during the winter months I find myself reaching for richer night creams. I love applying hydrating night creams as I feel like my skin literally drinks them up, the creams I use would be too rich for daytime use, but I find by applying them at night my skin feels incredibly soft and super hydrated in the morning.
My picks- Clinique Turnaround Night Cream, Kiehl's Ultra Cream, Antipodes Nourishing Pear Night Cream, The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream

Hydrating Masks 
For those days where my skin just needs that added boost of moisture I love to apply hydrating masks. I'm a big fan of clay masks, I love Catastrophe Cosmetic by Lush. It has the texture of a clay mask, applies and dries like a clay mask but when rinsed away my skin doesn't feel tight, stripped or dehydrated - hard qualities to find in a clay mask. I'm also a fan of the clear, cooling face masks as they leave my skin feeling refreshed, radiant and super soft.
My picks - Antipodes Manuka Honey face mask, Origins Overnight Drink up, Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic

Body & Lips

Scrubs 
Similar to my skin my body craves a good scrub during the cooler months. Although I'm a big fan of dry brushing my skin feels a little more sensitive in winter so I find manual scrubs do the job without irritating my skin.
My picks - S&G Breakfast Scrub, Lush Ocean Salt, Lush Rub Rub Rub, S&G Flake Away

Body Butters 
I love a good rich body butter after a relaxing bath in the evening (which is something I generally do more during winter.) Body Butters leave my skin feeling incredibly soft, I find the smell super uplifting especially citrus scents during the winter time.
My picks - The Body Shop Body Butter, Boots Extracts Mango Body Butter, S&G The Righteous Body Butter

The Lazy Option (for instant hydration) 
If you're anything like me you may find it even harder to leave that warm bed during the winter time, let's face it when it's cold and dark outside it's hard to find the motivation to get up. During the winter time I find myself running late a lot more, for days when I'm super late and have no time for body butters I love to go for an in shower body moisturiser. So far I've only found one that actually hydrates the skin it's is the Lush Body Conditioner in African Paradise. Expect a full review of this real soon, but basically you apply this in the shower after shower gel and rinse away. This is the only product (of this nature) that I've found genuinely leaves a layer of moisturiser

Lips 
I can't be without lip balm during the cooler months, my lips get so dry, cracked and just plain sore. For some reason I've struggled more this year than previous years I'm not sure why but they are just so sore.
My picks- Nuxe Rev De Miel, Elizabeth 8 Hour Cream, Nivea Vanilla and Macadamia Balm

I'd love to know what your winter essentials are?
SHARE:

No comments

© Rinica Writes. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig